Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm All Out of Bubble Gum

Wow, it’s been nearly two weeks since my last post… Not a lot of excuses really - a little more work than usual, the same bug that everyone’s had recently… watching way too much DS9 (see previous post) which still feels a bit silly. Things are starting to pick up in season 3 for sure - Jem’Hadar and all. Oh, and I actually bought Duke Nukem Forever, which so far is pretty terrible. I had no idea that Duke’s line “I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I’m all out of bubble gum” was taken from John Carpenter’s “They Live”… Or was it the other way around? Stumbled on the below clip recently…



In other news, we finally managed to play a short session of S&W where I was able to introduce Sir Froig. The PbP game also continues at its glacial pace, which I've come to enjoy on its own terms; it's a very different style of game and I appreciate the additional time to really think about descriptions and the various possibilities between exchanges.

5 comments:

Trey said...

They Live is awesome.

James said...

All Outta Bubblegum RPG

ze bulette said...

@Trey: I've only seen it once. Added to Netflix queue! :)

@James: Amazing. That pretty much proves the rule that more things have been turned into rpg's than not.

Loquacious said...

They Live is one of my family's favorites...

ze bulette said...

We just finished watching it again this morning - my wife said it's one of the funniest movies she's ever seen. We particularly enjoyed when Holly hit John in the head with a wine bottle and shoved him through the glass door on the second floor of her house.

The fight scene between John and Frank is epic! Some great WWF moves.

Post a Comment