Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Carbon Chauvinism

Is anyone else excited by this? NASA has announced that it’s holding a news conference “to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life.” The news conference will be streamed live at 2pm EST.

My money's on some kind of finding that lends evidence to non-carbon based lifeforms being possible. As fun as it might be to hope that they’re announcing the actual discovery of extraterrestrial life, the specific wording of their announcement would seem to rule this out.

Of course, for us D&D players, non-carbon based lifeforms are a given.

Update: I think I was pretty close: "NASA-funded astrobiology research has changed the fundamental knowledge about what comprises all known life on Earth."

4 comments:

christian said...

I was wondering how long it was going to take you earthlings to figure out that I was among you.

ze bulette said...

It speaks!

Anonymous said...

Allow me to be the first to welcome our new alien overlords, and I hereby promise to put at your disposal the full power of my swords and/or dorkery, with no expectations of rich rewards or earthly power. Unless you insist.

Unknown said...

Wicked cool.

Post a Comment