Friday, May 29, 2009

One Page Cities

Over at Bite the Bulette (no relation!), Sean Wills linked to his and David Hutchinson's map and reference sheet for their City of Samurbia. Pretty cool, and inspired by Zulgyan's own City of Enharza.

I've been thinking of doing something similar. I like using a small town as a party base of operation and am implementing both a sort of devolved version of Hommlet as well as Brave Halfling's Larm to serve this purpose, being a little short of time and inspiration at the moment. When I have time and the players are ready or their actions demand it, I'll use Carcassonne in the south of France and this map as my own larger city's template.

I visited Carcassonne in '97 and words can't describe the beauty and awe the place invokes for an old D&D'er like myself. The picture I took above is one of its towers built back in the Roman era, but there are many more "modern" ones that date several hundred years or more later.

1 comments:

ladybug said...

I am very jealous! I've never been to Carcassone, but my daughter has...and I even speak French..darn it all...

Post a Comment